Robo-Calls can be legal or illegal and should be expected from time to time (especially during the campaign season). And are practically impossible for small to medium businesses to stop. But you will have some options personally
- If the call tries to sell you something and you have not agreed to it.
- It’s a private company working on behalf of charity and you are not allowed to opt out
- Political adds(at least it’s an honest abuse of power), and information calls like from a school or pharmacy
- Charities that contact you directly
Learn More details here
And make sure your numbers are on the Dot Not Call Registry https://www.donotcall.gov/
What can you do if you get an illegal Robo-Call?
- Hang up
- Report the call to the FTC at https://www.donotcall.gov/. record the caller and any number you are told to call back. This information is not only investigated if enough reports come in but also reported to a spam call database that the carriers and other call blocking solutions use. This blocks a lot of calls before they even get to us.
- You also can find a list of call-blocking apps for mobile SmartPhones at ctia.org, a website for the U.S. wireless communications industry. The site lists apps specific to Android, BlackBerry, iOS (Apple).
NOTE: Small businesses don’t have many options to block these calls except encourage reporting so our carriers can improve blocking